• Derek Bell


This weekend's action started on Friday night at Broadwood where Cumbernauld Colts played their first home game with BSC Glasgow the visitors arriving on the back of a draw with Shire and a win at Spartans which looked decent form. The Colts were fresh from no midweek game and a good win at Gala. The first half saw chances for both sides. Colts having a shot come off the bar, the rebound of the post and the next rebound saved with Grier then making a couple of decent saves for the Colts. As the second half progressed BSC continued to create chances but failed to capitalise on these. As is often the way in these situations it would be Colts who would break the deadlock Fraser Team putting away a Marty Wright pass in the 63 minute with a BSC player down with an injury. BSC continued to press and create chances with no joy until a Jamie Hamilton cross was swept in by Jamie McCormack in the 73rd minute. That looked to be it until the fourth minute of injury team when Marty Wright turned the ball in from a free kick to give Colts the win.

A good win for Colts over last season's runners-up who had started the season well. Colts possibly benefited from the lack of a mid-week game but they still had to get the result. Marty Wright has hit the ground running for Colts with assists and goals in both games.

BSC equalise (Photo from BSC website www.bscglasgow.co.uk)

On to Saturday and reports on our home defeat to University of Stirling and the draw at Christie Gillies Park between Civil Service Strollers and Bonnyrigg Rose can be found here http://bit.ly/2yF9HLW

There's really only one place to start Saturday's action and that's the Falkirk Stadium (I still want to write Brockville) where East Stirlingshire thrashed Gretna 2008 9 (nine) - 1. By all accounts it could have been more as Shire put on a fabulous attacking display.There were braces for Bobby Barr, Mark Millar and Matty Flynn with Nicky Low, Jamie Dishington and Martin Orr adding the others. 4-0 down at half-time Gretna came out of the blocks in the second half and pulled one back in the 47th minute through Callum Duke-Smith. This appears to have just riled Shire who scored four in a five minute spell from the 62nd minute before a goal five minutes from time finished the scoring.

Shire Twitter shows a level of class you wouldn't get in the big leagues

Last weekend's high scorers BFKH (Barry Ferguson's Kelty Hearts) travelled to Strathclyde Country Park to face the Caledonian Braves who themselves had scored nine goals in two games. Two goals in the first 9 minutes from Easton and Austin put BFKH in command but Ross McNeil pulled one back for the Braves in the 35th. Easton grabbed his second in the 40th before going off injured. Danny Ashe added a fourth in the 66th minute to end the day's scoring.

Champions East Kilbride travelled to winless Vale of Leithen and came away with a 3-0 win. Two goals from captain Craig Malcolm just before half time and 20 minutes into the second putting them in control with an injury time one from Ross Kavanagh being the icing on the cake for Kilby.

Gala Fairydean Rovers travelled across to Dalbeattie and a Danny Galbraith penalty in the 36th minutes was enough to take the points back to Netherdale. The Spartans had a 2-0 home win over Edinburgh University. Goals from Dean Hoskins and Cameron Dawson enough for the victory. The visitors misery completed with the sending off of Ross McGuire.

Recent Posts

See All


Tomorrow sees Gretna FC 2008 make the journey along the border for the first ever league meeting between the two teams (in whatever guise you consider Gretna). We should of course have met earlier in

©2019 by NewBlackAndGoldDream. Proudly created with Wix.com